Tigger

Tigger
lounging with my mousie

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

How Mom & I met...and a brief history

About 19 years ago, when I was already over 3 years old, Mom was working in a bar--yes, a bar, bar tending. (That was before she became an old school teacher!) She would get home around 3 am. She lived in a lovely apartment, overlooking a small lake. When it was cool, she would leave her sliding door open, for a fresh breeze. Well one night after work, when she was particularly tired, she happened to leave the sliding door open when she went to bed...
..As a young, curious, bachelor kitty about town, I could not help myself. I wandered into her open screen door. She was in a water bed, and falling asleep, wiggling her foot. Now as many of you kitties know, some of us cannot resist attacking wiggly things under blankets...so of course I had to pounce on the wiggling foot!
...Mom screamed herself awake, trying to figure out what was attacking her foot, and wondering how did it get in her bed??? (She was lucky it was only me, and not a raccoon, or a skunk!) Anyway, she laughed out loud, and said, "I was the cutest thing she had ever seen," and of course I did not argue.
The rest as they say...is history.
The funniest parts are, there were 6 people in the apartment complex, who all thought I belonged to them. They would eventually find out the truth after watching me and talking to each other...that I would stop by each of my so called "owners" for a bite to eat, a snooze, and the occasional lovin's. I had them all going for quite a while...
 There was actually a British lady who was really my first mom in the apartment complex, and she pronounced my name "Tigga." She had to move back to England, though, so I decided on my current Mom, as at the TIME she was quite a night owl, and provided lots of good eats, and entertainment.
   Now we've kind of grown old together. We have had many laughs, adventures, and priceless experiences together. She loves me very, very much, and she knows how very special I am. I have been her best buddy for just about ever! Of course, I have aged better than she, and I'm obviously still much more fun and better looking. Over the years I have saved her from many a bad person. (I used to bite the heads off of any roses her latest and not so greatest boyfriend would bring her. ) She's not a bad momma, however, I find I still have to train her daily. Hope you enjoyed our brief history. Have a great day!
Tigger

13 comments:

ABBY said...

Tigger
That is a lovely funny story about how you came into your Mom's life. We loved it! And you are a beautiful floofy lady!

purrs
Abby

Kea said...

What a wonderful story on how you met your mom! We can well imagine she would have woken in the night with a scream, with something attacking her feet. LOL.

Ah, Fate -- obviously it was meant to be!

Marg said...

You must have been very brave to withstand the scream. But that is a wonderful story about playing with the Mom's toes. Good job at getting in the house.
Have a great day

Cindy said...

Wonderful story!! She must have jumped right off the bed when you attacked her.

Eric and Flynn said...

Haha! That must have been the biggest fright for your mum when you attacked her foot.It is a lovely story about how you met.

Amy and The House of Cats said...

What a great story Tigger! Your mom is so lucky that you found her - otherwise who would take care of her and make sure she didn't end up with the wrong men (and we love that you would bite the heads off the roses - that cracks us up so much!)

Cheri said...

Sounds like you and your Mom have a lot of history together! What a great story!

cats of wildcat woods

Harry Spotter said...

What a great story thanks for sharing it. Have a great day.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Tigger, wot an interesting story of how yoo met yoor momma. BTW yoo've got the same boogie mat as us ~ it's awesome isn't it?

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

PS: make that plural! We have got BOTH of those boogie mats ~ one each!

The Island Cats said...

That's a great story about how you met your mom!! Pretty brave of you to just walk right in!!!

Forever Foster said...

Hi Tigger! What a great story. It must have given your mum quite a shock! We think it was a very good decision to sneak through her doorway :)

Everycat said...

Tigger it's great to read all about how you met your Mom. I'm particularly pleased to know that your foot biting habit has continued to the present day. Feet are nice and cheesy yum

Whicky Wuudler

PS: Well done for convincing each person in the complex that you were theirs! Grand work.